Return to Floodgap Software
Classilla Archive Page
Classilla was an updated release of Mozilla for Mac OS 8.6 and 9 offered
from 2009 to 2021.
It is now unsupported. No additional official releases are planned.
This page will be available indefinitely.
Do not report bugs or problems with the browser; they will be ignored.
- General Release Notes
- Basic release notes generally applicable to most versions of Classilla.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Classilla FAQ, updated and smoothed out.
- Byblos Rewrite Engine Manual
- Creating stelae to rewrite pages' CSS and HTML to make them work better
- Using Classilla with Crypto Ancienne
- Installing TLS 1.3 support with Rhapsody, OS X Classic or Power MachTen.
- How to Build Classilla from Source
- Build instructions if you want to make or modify your own. If you
choose to release a modified build, please do not call it Classilla to
Classilla is provided to you under the Mozilla Public
HTTPS downloads, including source code, for 9.3.3 and 9.3.4b are available from
Downloads are faster and have multiple mirrors, but TLS 1.1 or better is
required. You should use this source with modern browsers and TenFourFox.
Gopher downloads, including source code, for 9.3.3 and 9.3.4b are available from
the Floodgap Gopher server.
Downloads are slower but this source
is accessible by virtually all Classic Mac browsers, including earlier
versions of Classilla.
Even older versions and source snapshots are available from the
Google Code Project.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Contributors to Classilla. All rights reserved.
Mozilla, Gecko and Mozilla Firefox are trademarks
of the Mozilla Foundation. Classilla and Clecko are trademarks
of the Contributors to Classilla.
The Neon Fossil logo and the derivative works in which it
appears are copyright © 2009-2021 Cameron Kaiser and
appear under a Creative Commons BY-NC-ND 3.0 license. All rights
The Deer Park Globe icon appears in derivative works
under the auspices of the Mozilla Public License.