Back to the main Texapp page
App.net Says I Have To Have One, So I Do: Texapp Terms of Service and
Terms of Service
- You use Texapp at your own risk. No guarantee is given, express
or implied, regarding functionality, merchantability or suitability for a
- The use of Texapp is governed by the
Floodgap Free Software
License. If you do not agree to the FFSL's terms, do not use this
- Access to the Floodgap server to download software, documentation, etc.,
is controlled by Floodgap
Terms of Service. Please don't abuse us.
- Use of Texapp to circumvent, weaken or flout App.net terms of service
may endanger the health of this application and the App.net ecosystem,
and, as such, when detected may
be reported to App.net administration. Please don't abuse them either.
- Have fun.
- Brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes.
- Engage in a healthful activity level with good dietary choices.
- You are responsible for your own privacy and anonymity. Using a public
service such as App.net unwisely may expose sensitive information
permanently. Again, you use this software at your own risk.
- App.net tells me how many keys I have in service, but not who has them.
You don't have to tell me you use Texapp, but when you download it, request
a token, or access documentation resources on my server, your IP
address, user agent and other information your user agent may expose appear
in my logs. However, I don't know your user name or who you are, and I don't
ask for that information (feel free to E-mail or @ me, however, if you want
- If you use the version check feature, your IP address, user agent and
other information your user agent may expose appear in my logs as well,
and possibly multiple times.
- Nothing else is transmitted to Floodgap or myself, including your token,
passwords, private messages or posts.
- Although no guarantee is expressed or implied,
I will not release my logs or any other data my server may
have automatically collected as part of the above processes
to any third party without a legal order or requirement of local statute.
Logs are turned over every twelve hours and are not retained.
This server is subject to the laws, statutes and regulations of the
State of California, United States of America.
Additional Privacy Considerations
- App.net tags your posts with the agent that posted them, so it is possible
for others to see you use Texapp, including anyone who can see global.
- If you use future geolocation features, it is possible for others to
also see your location. Texapp will notify you of the location coordinates
that were transmitted.
- It is possible for third-party extensions that you load into Texapp to
transmit your data to other services outside of App.net or Floodgap. You are
solely responsible for this eventuality.
- If your system libraries such as cURL or OpenSSL are earlier
unpatched versions with insufficient or deficient encryption or other
security concerns, it is
possible to transmit data in such a way that it can be attacked and decoded
by a malicious third party. Keep your software up to date.
- Don't sext and drive.
questions to me,